- Calories: 279
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 11g
Risotto Primavera Recipe
Risotto Primavera is a delicious vegetarian dinner. This healthy recipe for creamy risotto primavera is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (gluten free if needed)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 12 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat water and broth over medium heat to a simmer.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallots to pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add carrot, celery and zucchini and cook 2 more minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in white wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Add peas and asparagus to pan with last 1/2 cup of broth mixture. Remove from heat; stir in half the cheese, the lemon juice and black pepper and stir to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley before serving. Serve immediately.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2014 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010